If you’re like me, the evening news is depressing. But on “NBC Nightly News” every night, they end their newscast with a segment called “Inspiring America”. They feature stories of people helping people, people overcoming tremendous challenges, and people starting campaigns/programs to encourage others to better themselves. It is so uplifting to hear these stories.
The Jump In Foundation Purpose
- Deliver a positive message to school-age children that helps build character and self-confidence.
- Promote encouragement and acceptance of others as the action and attitude of choice.
- To inspire children to “JUMP IN” and become encouragers. To accept and respect others who are looked upon as different. To have the courage to “JUMP IN” when they see someone being bullied and STOP IT.
- To build confidence in kids who feel “left out” and encourage them to “JUMP IN” to activities.
- To train and challenge class leaders to become role models for their classmates.
- To tell the personal story of founder Bill Schultz to illustrate how his disability was overcome in large part due to the positive encouragement from others.